If you’re like me and have Verizon as your mobile carrier, you might have received a text message informing you that your current plan has a FREE
First and foremost, we DO NOT RECOMMEND the Verizon Digital Secure Safe Wifi
But before I completely knock it, here’s what they do “OK”:
- It hides your real IP address — Like any other
VPN, Version’s Safe Wifi VPNencrypts your connection and hides your real IP address with their VPN‘s Ip address.
- It encrypts your connection on public Wifi and hotspots — Like any basic
- Blocks Malware and Ads — They block connections and websites that are known malware or advertisers.
- You can connect up to 10 devices on 1 account — This is surprising but not surprising. You can connect to their
VPNon all of your devices, and your whole family’s devices… so they can monitor EVERYTHING you and your family does.
What they do wrong:
- They log everything. EVERYTHING. They are your ISP. They just want your data. This is their way of spying on your activity, even when you think they’re not.
- No torrenting allowed. Since Verizon logs all of your activity and connections, torrenting is OFF LIMITS. If someone contacts Verizon with a complaint or lawsuit — they will give out your information faster than you can blink. If you’re thinking about torrenting on a
VPN, use a VPN that actually protects you when you’re torrenting.
- Streaming doesn’t work. — Most streaming sites actively block VPNs, unless your
VPNhas ant- VPNdetection technology like the best streaming VPNs do. Verizon’s VPNdoesn’t do that and won’t work with Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, Amazon Price, Disney plus or even ESPN.
- No advanced features (ie. kill switch, Double
VPN, and DNS leak protection) — This is another big disadvantage. Verizon’s Safe WIFI vpnis basic and doesn’t offer protection that most VPNs offer standard nowadays.
- Unknown Encryption Level / Protocols — What encryption level and protocols does Verizon’s
VPNuse? It’s a mystery, they won’t reveal that information and that is NOT GOOD. But on the other hand, it doesn’t really matter because they’re spying on you anyway.
- It’s overpriced. At $10/mo, you can get 2 real VPNs. Seriously. The Best Cheap VPNs offer more features and advantages for much less than half the price.
- It’s based in a five-eyes country — But honestly, having your ISP as your
VPNis way worse. It’s like getting into a car wreck and having your car totaled, and then getting a flat tire afterwards. The cars already totaled. What difference does it make?
- Did I mention it’s owned by an ISP? RUN. RUN NOW.
We recommend using a real