ExtraTorrent is an app which allows users to search, download, and contribute magnet links and torrent files. ExtraTorrent is, obviously, a torrent-based software which works on a peer-to-peer sharing system. In this guide, we will go over the basics of ExtraTorrent and help you learn how to safely and successfully download any type of content you want.
You can think of ExtraTorrent as a search engine specifically designed to allow users to search and download content through a P2P network. In 2016, ExtraTorrent became the second largest Torrent site after The Pirate Bay, so any doubt you had about the reputation of ExtraTorrent should end here. Here’s what you need to know about ExtraTorrent:
- Understanding ExtraTorrent: ExtraTorrent is a search engine with a database filled with downloadable content which works primarily through a P2P network. Working on the same principle as The Pirate Bay, ExtraTorrent is a torrent-based network which allows users to discover and download their favorite content through BitTorrent or any torrenting software.
- Different categories: When you visit the website, you will notice that the content is distributed in different categories like Movies, TV Series, Action, Documentary, Browse Torrents, and Categories. Upon clicking on the “Categories” section, you will discover movies organized by different genres.
When you click on “Browse Torrents,” you’ll have the option to click on “Popular Torrents,” “Today Torrents,” “Yesterday Torrents.” This kind of content categorization allows users to find the content they’re looking for in a quick manner.
A step-by-step guideline
When it comes to the process of downloading content from ExtraTorrent, there are a couple of simple steps you need to follow that will help you get from searching to downloading:
- Visit the site www.extratorrent.ag.
- Click on the desired category, or type in the search bar the name of the file you wish to download.
- Click on the torrent you want to download.
- Click on the “Download Magnet” button.
- Open the .torrent file in your torrent software (BitTorrent, uTorrent, etc.).
- The torrent client software will then communicate with a tracker server for 2 to 10 minutes to build a swarm, and then the software begins the .torrent file download.
That’s about it! Once the torrent is downloaded, you can double-tap on the .torrent file on your torrenting software, and you’ll directly be taken to the file where the torrent is stored. The entire downloading process is more or less the same, regardless of the type of torrenting software you use.
VPNs for total protection
This section only exists because we want to remind you that online protection is a very serious issue that you can’t afford to neglect. When you are downloading content, especially from torrent websites, there is a big chance that you could be tracked and get a nasty DMCA notice. To make sure you don’t become a victim, you need to equip yourself with the ultimate security that only comes with one particular type of software—the
Using a VPN is near essential for all Kodi, and internet users alike. Here's why…
? More Working Links in Kodi
? Bypass Site Blocking
? Hide Your IP & Location
? Torrent, P2P, Stream Safely
? Encrypt Everything
Signup for only $2.99/month today: https://t.co/P2UrngnsOT
— TV ADDONS (@tvaddonsco) December 21, 2018
The text below explains all about VPNs:
- What does a
VPNdo? A VPN is software that protects you on the Internet by routing your connections through a VPNserver that hides your online actions by hiding your IP address. When you start the VPNsoftware from your VPNservice, it also encrypts your data, even before your ISP sees it. The data goes through the VPNserver, and from the VPNserver to your desired online destination.
- How does a
VPNwork? The online destination interprets your data as coming from the VPNserver and its location, not from your computer and your original location. This means that the destination sees the VPNserver as the origin of the traffic, not you. The data you send is encrypted, so even if other parties were to look at what you’re sending, they’d only see the data in an encrypted, hidden form.
- How to find a good
VPN? Choose a VPNprovider which supports torrent traffic. The VPNyou choose needs to offer a high level of web security. The VPNyou choose should allow you to connect fast without any bandwidth limitations whatsoever. Take a look at some of the best VPNs for torrenting that we have thoroughly tested and reviewed.
By using a
Not sure if the guy above is in jail or not, but if I were you, I wouldn’t take my chances. Using a strong and reliable VPN software service will protect your online activity by routing your connections so that there’s no trace whatsoever from your online activity.
You’ll need a virus scanner too!
While VPNs are great at hiding your identity and protecting you from malicious attacks, virus scanners have a whole different role in the process of safely downloading torrents:
- Precautionary measures: Regardless of how reputable and safe a certain website may seem, there is always the risk of unwanted malware that is lurking around every corner. When it comes to downloading torrents, you need to be extra careful. There are millions of torrent users around the world, and not all of them want to be your friendly neighbor. Good antiviruses scan downloaded files and check for potentially malicious code. Furthermore, they also actively scan your device and warn you in case you downloaded a problematic file.
Torrenting without an antivirus is comparable to unprotected sex. You don't know what you're gonna catch.
— Tommy Pickles (@RobbyGuilfoyle) November 24, 2013
- Only reliable software: The only way you can keep your computer protected is by using a reliable antivirus. Good antivirus software will scan every file that you download and also keep your entire web browsing protected.
Pro tip: Combining good antivirus software with an equally capable
Tips to get the best torrent files from ExtraTorrent
While searching for torrents, it’s only obvious that you wouldn’t want to waste your time in vain and download low-quality content, right? When it comes to finding quality torrents on ExtraTorrent, there is a thing or two you can learn about distinguishing the bad from the good torrent files:
- A high number of seeders: While searching for a specific torrent, always go for a torrent with a high number of seeders. The high number of seeders serves as social proof that the quality of the file is good. Thus, many people decided to support the file by seeding.
- Check for comments: Under every torrent file, you can find the comments section. There, you will learn more about the quality of the file through the comments that people leave. Users usually reward a good torrent by posting positive comments and leave negative comments when they weren’t satisfied with the quality of the torrent.
- Download sample files first: Sometimes, torrent uploaders also upload a sample video file which is relatively small in size, and it only takes a couple of minutes to download. You can download the sample file first and check whether the quality of the file meets your expectations.
The logic is very simple—when you search for certain content on ExtraTorrent, you will find multiple files with the same content. If you download a low-quality file, all the time you spend downloading the content will be in vain. If you listen to our advice (as you should) and follow the steps above, your choice of torrent files will never go wrong.
Now that you have successfully downloaded your media torrent, you’ll need a proper media player to watch it. Our advice is not to rely on the native media player from your device as it is usually incapable of bringing the most out of the quality of the file, and can’t commonly play many files types downloaded.
- Why do I need a media player? After the torrent is downloaded and your file is ready to be played, you’ll need the right media player to watch it. Given that the native media player on most devices is usually no good, you’ll need a good one with crystal clear imagery and sound, and the right codec to actually play the media.
- What makes VLC a great media player? VLC is a free and open source multimedia player that allows users to play most multimedia files, including DVDs, Audio CDs, and VCDs. Having surpassed the unimaginable milestone of 3 billion downloads, I shouldn’t go over why you need to choose VLC as your standard media player.
- How to play a video/audio on VLC? Once your .torrent file is downloaded, you can easily play it on VLC by following these simple steps: 1. Download the VLC media player for your device. 2. Double-click on the downloaded torrent to open the containing folder. 3. Right-click on the downloaded file. 4. Click on “Open With.” 5. Choose VLC as the media player.
When you combine the quality content from ExtraTorrent with a quality